New Quality Review Volunteers
New Quality Review Volunteer Requirements Checklist
Once our Site Coordinator has directed you to this page please complete each of the following steps below. Please include all documents required to be returned as attachments by email in one email (instead of separate emails). Please complete the following four steps before attending orientation. Thank you, welcome to EPHC!
- VITA Background Check – Please print this form – Save file onto your computer, fill out completely, and in person at orientation please sign and return to Site Coordinator. Site Coordinator will check your valid photo ID at this time. Any concerns with this form or process please call/email Coordinator directly.
- EPHC-VITA Volunteer Application – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, fill out document in Word directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as an attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print this form, fill it out and return it directly to Site Coordinator at orientation.
- VITA New Quality Reviewer Volunteer Agreement – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, read agreement, type your name (as your signature) and the date in Word document directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print Page 1, sign it and return it directly to Site Coordinator at orientation.
- VITA Code of Ethics-Conduct and VITA Confidentiality Agreement – Email these forms – do not print– Save files onto your computer, read agreements, type your name (as your signature) and the date in Word documents directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as attachments. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print each Page 3, sign them and return them directly to Site Coordinator at orientation.
Next steps after attending orientation:
Please complete the steps below only after attending orientation and signing onto the program. Thank you so much for participating with us!
IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) and Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) Tests
Each VITA volunteer Quality Reviewer is required to pass these two initial online tests with an 80% or more. Please follow the instructions below.
- Read IRS Publication 4961 – Volunteer Standards of Conduct pages 1-15
- Read IRS Publication 5101 – Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) slides 1-37
- Follow New Preparers-QR VSC and IIQR online test instructions
- Use the above test instructions sheet to create account and take the Volunteer Standards of Conduct and (VSC) Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) Tests online (https://www.linklearncertification.com/d/)
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (Form 13615) – After passing the VSC and IIQR tests and using the above test instructions please electronically sign and return Form 13615 Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (pdf document) by email to Site Coordinator as attachment.
- NOTE: It is important for each volunteer to know that by signing this IRS-issued document you are affirming that you are legally present in the United States. The Site Coordinator only asks to see valid identification and does not ask the immigration status of our volunteers. It is up to each person individually whether to sign this form and participate with this program. Please contact our Coordinator with any questions or concerns.
Creating TaxSlayer software Practice Lab account
Read instructions and create TaxSlayer Practice Lab account: Instructions to create TaxSlayer practice account