Health and Wellness
SNAP and Food Assistance
Outreach to Latino Immigrant families in Multnomah and Clackamas counties who may be eligible for food stamps. This program assists clients in locating food stamp offices, filling out applications, and advocates for them within the system. For information, contact Frankie LeeJohnson (FLeeJohnson@elprograma.org) at (503)489-6807.
Promotores de Salud
In partnership with Providence Health System Program, El Programa Hispano Católico offers training and coordination for members of the Latino community affiliated with services in Spanish-speaking parishes, to educate the community on issues related to health, to organize events on issues health and to advocate for services. For more information , call Flavio Cornejo at (503)489-6808 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case management, options counseling, mental agility activities, social activities and engagement, physical activity, cultural enrichment and a culturally appropriate and nutritious lunch on Wednesdays for Multnomah county residents over age 60 (or adults with disabilities). Transportation to and from EPHC can be arranged.
Padres Como Maestros (PCDS):
Child Development Services provides services for families of children (from birth through age 6) to promote positive parenting, healthy child development and school readiness.
We include a range of activities designed to promote parent competence and healthy child development. Specific services are:
- Providing age appropriate parent child play groups
- Parenting education and support services
- Developmental screening, immunization status checks (and follow up)
- Referrals to other needed social and health services
- Monthly home visits
- Positive parent/child engagement
Health Referral Services
Open office hours for phone calls and walk-ins seeking culturally specific information and referrals for community health resources. (503)669-8350 Includes direct appointment access to our partner organizations:
- Wallace Medical Concern – Basic medical services every Thursday in mobile clinic. Call main line to schedule.
- Medical Teams NW – Emergency dental services for adults (extractions, fillings and crowns) with no access to dental insurance. Call main line to schedule.
- Familias en Acción – Health system navigation, sign up for Cover Oregon and Healthy Kids. Every Thursday.
- Puentes – Central City Concern – Mental health services for adults and youth substance use counseling. Contact main line for more information.