Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC)
Our LITC provides free legal representation to resolve your personal income tax concerns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and sometimes with the Oregon Department of Revenue (ODOR).
We can help with matters such as:
- Assuring you get your complete tax refund
- Assisting in a tax audits
- Appealing denials of tax credits or deductions
- Stopping wage garnishments
- Negotiating IRS tax debts
- Helping prove to the IRS that you should not be responsible for a spouse’s tax debt
- Represent you at US Tax Court
- Please note: The LITC generally does not prepare current income tax returns. Please see our VITA clinic for this assistance.
Call us at 503-489-6845 for a free consultation to see how we can help you!