VITA Returning Intake Assistant Volunteer
Returning Intake Assistant Volunteer Requirements Checklist
Once you have been directed to this page please complete each of the following steps below. Please include all documents to be returned as attachments by email in one email (instead of separate emails). Please complete all steps below before attending Intake Volunteer Training in January. Thank you volunteers, welcome back!
- VITA Background Check (If you did not complete one last tax season we will need a new one) – Please print this form – Save file onto your computer, fill out completely, and in person at training please sign and return to Site Coordinator. Site Coordinator will check your valid photo ID at this time. Any concerns with this form or process please call/email Coordinator directly.
- EPHC-VITA Volunteer Re-Register – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, fill out document in Word directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as an attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print this form, fill it out and return it directly to Site Coordinator at training.
- VITA Intake Assistant Volunteer Agreement – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, read agreement, type your name (as your signature) and the date in Word document directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print Page 1, sign it and return it directly to Site Coordinator at training.
IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Test and Volunteer Agreement
Every year each VITA volunteer is required to pass this online test with an 80% or more. Please follow the instructions below.
- Read IRS Publication 4961 – Volunteer Standards of Conduct pages 1-15
- Follow Returning Intake Assistants VSC online test instructions
- Use the above instructions sheet to access your account and take the Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Test online at (https://www.linklearncertification.com/d/)
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (Form 13615) – After passing the VSC test and using the above test instructions please electronically sign and return Form 13615 Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (pdf document) by email to Site Coordinator as attachment.
- NOTE: It is important for each volunteer to know that by signing this IRS-issued document you are affirming that you are legally present in the United States. The Site Coordinator only asks to see valid identification and does not ask the immigration status of our volunteers. It is up to each person individually whether to sign this form and participate with this program. Please contact our Coordinator with any questions or concerns.