VITA Returning Quality Review Volunteer
Returning Quality Review Volunteer Requirements Checklist
Once you have been directed to this page please complete each of the following steps below. Please include all documents to be returned as attachments by email in one email (instead of separate emails). Please complete all steps below before Returning Volunteer Training December 16th. Thank you so much volunteers, welcome back!
- VITA Background Check (If you did not complete one last tax season we will need a new one) – Please print this form – Save file onto your computer, fill out completely, and in person at training please sign and return to Site Coordinator. Site Coordinator will check your valid photo ID at this time. Any concerns with this form or process please call/email Coordinator directly.
- EPHC-VITA Volunteer Re-Register – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, fill out document in Word directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as an attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print this form, fill it out and return it directly to Site Coordinator at training.
- VITA Returning Quality Reviewer Volunteer Agreement – Email this form – do not print– Save file onto your computer, read agreement, type your name (as your signature) and the date in Word document directly and return by email to Site Coordinator as attachment. If you do not have Word on your computer please feel free to print Page 1, sign it and return it directly to Site Coordinator at training.
IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) and Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) Tests
Every year each VITA volunteer Quality Reviewer is required to pass these two initial online tests with an 80% or more. Please follow the instructions below.
- Read IRS Publication 4961 – Volunteer Standards of Conduct pages 1-15
- Read IRS Publication 5101 – Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) slides 1-37
- Follow Returning Preparers-QR VSC and IIQR online test instructions
- Use the above test instructions sheet to access your past account and take the Volunteer Standards of Conduct and (VSC) Intake/Interview/Quality Review (IIQR) Tests online (https://www.linklearncertification.com/d/)
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (Form 13615) – After passing the VSC and IIQR tests and using the above test instructions please electronically sign and return Form 13615 Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Agreement (pdf document) by email to Site Coordinator as attachment.
- NOTE: It is important for each volunteer to know that by signing this IRS-issued document you are affirming that you are legally present in the United States. The Site Coordinator only asks to see valid identification and does not ask the immigration status of our volunteers. It is up to each person individually whether to sign this form and participate with this program. Please contact our Coordinator with any questions or concerns.
TaxSlayer Practice Lab
Please log into the Practice Lab to make sure that you are current on your Username and Password, ready to begin creating practice tax returns. Follow the instructions below to log in.
- Visit https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRSTraining/en/Account/Login
- Enter this password: TRAINPROWEB (must be all caps)
- Enter your Username and Password
- Follow the links on this page if you have forgotten your Username and/or Password. Please do not create a new account.
- If you have forgotten both your Username and Password: please request your Username first (you will need the email address used to open your account) as you will need your Username in order to request your password.
- On Practice Lab – Home page: Click on “Go to Practice Area” at top left of page
- Once to the “Welcome to The Practice Lab” page you are ready for preparing practice returns! Please keep access to your Practice Lab Username and Password for all training days.